If you can handle scissors, a fork, switches and mix things, you can prepare this meal.
What you need:
- Packet of hake (I had I&J prime medallions 450g)
- A sachet of Ins Paarman's fish stock
- Packet Tastic Ready to eat rice (I had tomato & chilli 250g)
- Ina Paarman's Ready to Serve Cheese Sauce (200ml)
- Green peas (frozen or a small tin)
- Saucepan, Pyrex dish with lid, Scissors and Fork
- Stove and microwave
Remove thew hake from the box; remove the plastic pockets and place in a small pot. Cut open the sachet of fish stock and add about 150ml of water. Place on stove at medium temperature. Cook until done. Take the rice (cup of cooked will also do) cut open and empty into the pyrex dish. Add about one cup of peas. Flake the fish with a fork in the pot and thereafter spread over the layer peas. I added 5ml of Ina Paarman's seasoning. Cut open the cheese sauce and spread with the fork to cover all the flaked fish. Put the lid on the dish and place in microwave at the highest temperature for 6 minutes. Let it stand for a while and serve.
Martie, that is not keen about white fish responded: "It was worth the wait" (I delierately did not tell her I am cooking white fish).