Adults cannot tell when children are lying
- On the other hand
- ... Children are less prone to false memories
- ... And are adept at reading an adult's body language
Ceiling height can affect how people think, feel and act
- Direct and Indirect Assessment of Gender Role Identification
Neurotic, stress-related and somatoform disorders
- Trauma is common in childhood, but PTSD is not
- Does distraction facilitate problem-focused coping with job stress? A 1 year longitudinal study
- Change in neuroticism can affect mortality rates
- Interviewing techniques
- Behavioural interviewing significantly improves employee selection
Psychological Dedvelopment: Learning Disabilities
- Widget Rebus symbols
- Symbols can improve the reading comprehension of adults with learning disabilities
Schizophrenia, schizotypal and delusional disorders
- Early treatment of psychosis can prevent more than 7 killings per year in NSW
- ‘Jumping to Conclusions’ and attributional style in persecutory delusions
- A new 'matrix of harm' for drugs proposed
- Brain scans reveal why smokers struggle to quit
- A Short Walk Helps Smokers Quit
- Not ready to quit? Try cutting back
- 'Might have beens' help explain addictions
The latest brain research shows that ...
- ... Size matters: bigger means smarter
- ... More areas are involved in the location of pain than previously thought
- ... Arthritis pain is processed in brain’s 'fear zone'
- ... Athritis disability can be reduced by counselling
- ... as can pain associated with fibromyalgia
Why children love their security blankets
Why too much memory may be bad for you
Review Article: Circadian Rhythms – Latest Findings
- Add extra hours to your day ...
- ... with two bright pulses of light
- ... or an 'after hours' gene
- But which clock?
- Circadian rhythms explained?
Conferences & Events