I made a big pyrex bowl of braaipap (coarse mielie) yesterday in the microwave and smoothed the extra into a pyrex tart dish for a pap-tart of some kind. Last night a browsed on Internet and found some great Vegan recipe ideas. I bought a variety of fresh veggies last weekend, which needed to find their way into cooking. So, I combined ideas from a Roast Polenta Easy Dinner and a Veg and Peanut Soup.
- Left over cold braaipap (instead of polenta) cut into strips and then diced.
- Carrots washed, tips cut off and sliced into pennies.
- Leeks washed and sliced into pennies.
- Baby gem-squashes washed, tips cut off and sliced into quarters.
- Robertsons Mediterranean vegetable seasoning
- Ina Paarman liquid stock sachets x3: vegetable, chicken and fish
- Mozarella & Tussers cheese
- Spray & Cook
Took a ±21cm radius pyrex casserole and sprayed the inside with Spray & Cook. Layered the veggies and pap, adding seasoning. Squeezed the 3x sachets of stock out on top and grated the mozarella cheese. Placed the lid on the casserole and placed in a pre-heated (190º degrees C) oven for 45 minutes. Took out, grated the Tussers cheese and placed back in oven for cheese to melt. Serve hot.